I love Aidells’ chicken and apple smoked chicken sausage. It’s a precooked chicken sausage that is full of flavor and perfect for weekday meals. The sweet apple with the smoky chicken reminds me of fall even though it’s still 100 degrees outside. It makes me a smidge antsy for apple cider, pumpkin pie and states that actually have autumn.
In Kevin’s introductory meal to the wonder that is Aidells (a staple of mine from college), I sliced up the sausage, sautéed it with chopped onions and served over brown rice.
It’s really that easy. Sometimes I like to throw in chopped apple pieces to bring out more apple flavor. I’ve actually never tried any other flavor from Aidells’ product line because the chicken and apple flavor is so dang good.
Do you have go-to recipes from back in the day that you still use? Other college staples of mine still on rotation include egg sandwiches for breakfast and my dad’s angel hair pasta recipe.
Weekly Workout Summary
· Monday-Nike Training Camp Ab Burner, treadmill run
· Tuesday-Women Health Magazine’s Sculpt Sexy Arms, interval treadmill run
· Wednesday-Nike Training Camp Ab Burner, interval treadmill run
· Thursday-Free weights arms workout, StairMaster
· Friday-Right after work, I headed to World of Beer, so no workout
· Saturday-I was feeling under the weather all day, and I wanted to wait until my headache subsided to go to the gym…which never happened. Whoops.
· Sunday-Free weights arms workout, treadmill run
I feel like I started out so strong in the week then just got busy with other things. I have been focusing a lot more on cardio as you can see, while still maintaining my strength training. I hope to keep that up this week.
Hope everyone’s week is off to a great start!