Kevin and I happened to be in East Orlando the other evening, so the obvious decision was to stop by Sweet! cupcakery to pick up a dozen mini cupcakes. We’ve been consuming them often ever since.
I have loved Sweet since they opened in Waterford Lakes, but they’ve been picking up popularity because Hollis, the owner, won the first ever episode of Cupcake Wars on Food Network then came back for an all-star episode and won again against the best of the best. It’s great to see one of Orlando’s own getting some publicity.
They have many flavors of cupcakes, which come in regular and mini sizes. The regular sized cupcakes are huge. They can easily feed two people. The mini sizes aren’t dried out at all despite their small sizes. We bought our dozen at the end of the day, and they were still incredibly moist and fresh.
Kevin’s favorite is the red velvet cake, which I also love. They also do a great Boston cream pie, complete with cream filling in the middle of the cupcake and chocolate ganache on top. Other favorites include cookies ‘n cream, key lime pie and s’mores. I could go on and on with the flavors I love. I haven’t met one I don’t love, actually.
Sweet also offers pay-by-weight frozen yogurt in a variety of flavors with toppings.
What is your favorite cupcake flavor?
Weekly Workout Summary
Now that I told you about all the cupcakes I’ve been stuffing my face with, here’s my workout summary for the past week.
- Monday-Nada. Although I started off kind of weak, I feel like it was worth it since it was my friend, Carla’s, going away dinner.
- Tuesday-Nike Training Camp’s abs burner and a treadmill run. This was my first time going straight to the gym after work, and it felt great to get there early (before the crowds!) and knock out a workout while still having the whole evening ahead of me.
- Wednesday-Women’s Health Magazine’s Sculpt Sexy Arms and treadmill run.
- Thursday-Family time so no workout.
- Friday-Women’s Health Magazine’s Sculpt Sexy Arms and Oh Show Glow’s Whittle My Middle abs workout.
- Saturday-Beach day!
- Sunday-In the morning we went on a long walk with the pup so he could get cardio too. It’s been so hot so we’ve been trying to make sure he’s not outside for too long, but it was overcast and cooler this morning, making it the perfect opportunity to take him out for a few miles. That afternoon, I did Nike Training Camp’s ab burner and Stairmaster.
I’m happy with my balance between social activities and physical activities this past week, and I’m pleased that I didn’t skip a workout day twice in a row. This upcoming week is also pretty busy for the social calendar, but my goal is to start off strong with a workout on Monday.